We are committed to being an ethical business and employer. As part of that, we recognise the obligations we have to the communities in which we operate. This includes paying an appropriate level of taxes.
We will strive to pay the right amount of tax, at the right rates, in the right places and at the right times.
To help meet this objective, we will:
- Strive to keep our business simple and straightforward, avoiding complex legal structures often used to gain financial advantage.
- Report all trading in an open and transparent manner consistent with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and tax regulations.
- Provide HMRC with all the information necessary to properly appraise our tax position.
- Encourage employees to report any dealings that they think might contravene these principles—to their manager, our accountants and the relevant authorities.
We will not:
- Abuse loopholes, allowances or reliefs in ways that are contrary to the spirit of tax legislation.
- Make financial transactions with the primary aim of securing a tax advantage.
- Take any actions that would require notification to HM Revenue & Customs under the Disclosure of Tax Avoidance Schemes regulations.
- Participate in any arrangement to which the UK’s General Anti-Abuse Rule could reasonably be expected to apply.
- Take advantage of tax havens to secure a tax benefit to obfuscate our financial dealings.
We will prepare our annual accounts in line with the above principles and have adherence certified by our accountants each year.