Last updated: 2020-05-05
We take data privacy very seriously. This page lists what data we gather and how we use it.
Visiting our website
We do not gather, retain or share any personally identifiable information when you visit our website. We do collect some anonymous data to help improve the content and usability of the site.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to provide a more personalised experience, make websites work more efficiently and provide information to the owners of the site.
When someone visits our site we collect standard log information to monitor visitor behaviour, like the number of visitors to each page. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting either of our websites and will not try to associate the data gathered from this site with any PII from any source.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The cookies enable us to collect a variety of non PII, including the pages visited, the time spent and the origin of the request (typically your ISP’s nearest point of presence).
Most web browsers allow control of cookies through the browser settings or by using a special mode — like Incognito mode in Google Chrome. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Applying for a job
- The details you submit will be held solely for the purposes of considering your application and enabling us to contact you.
- All processing is handled internally. We will not pass your details onto anybody else.
- We do not use any form of automated decision making.
Access to information
- Access to personal data will be strictly limited to the HR team and staff directly involved in the decision-making process for the vacancy you’re being considered for.
Storage of data
- All our data is stored on servers within the UK. We use encryption, have strong password policies and use two-factor authentication wherever possible.
- We hold electronic copies of CVs and covering letters for two years from receipt. Printed copies will be shredded as soon as the recruitment process for that vacancy is complete.
- Your name, email address, position applied for, and outcome of your application will be stored in our database indefinitely for our records and to streamline any future recruitment process.
- Your emails, and any attachments they contain, may be held by our email service provider for longer. If you object to this, please send us your CV by post to the address below instead. This will not affect your chances of success.
All enquiries about data handling, subject access requests (SARs) and requests for deletion should be sent to “The data controller” at the address at the bottom of this page. Requests may take up to 28 days to process.